· 7oz thin flat rice noodles
· 2 eggs
· 1 teaspoon sesame oil
· salt and white pepper
· 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
· 1/2lb chicken, cut into thin strips
· 3/4 cup shredded carrots
· 3 green onions, chopped and divided
· 3 cloves garlic, pressed or minced
· 1/2 cup dry roasted peanuts, finely minced and divided
· 1 lime, cut into wedges
· chopped fresh cilantro
· For the Pad Thai Sauce:
· 1/4 cup brown sugar
· 2 Tablespoons rice vinegar
· 2 - 3 Tablespoons gluten free fish sauce (I like 2-1/2 T)
· 2 Tablespoons low-sodium gluten free Tamari OR soy sauce (dish will not be GF if using traditional soy sauce)
· 1 - 2 teaspoons sriracha hot sauce, optional
1. Prepare noodles according to package directions then set aside.
2. Combine eggs and sesame oil plus salt and a dash of white pepper in a small dish then whisk and set aside. Combine ingredients for Pad Thai Sauce in a bowl then set aside.
3. Meanwhile, heat vegetable oil in a large wok or skillet over high heat. Add chicken then season with salt and white pepper. When the chicken is golden brown on the bottom add carrots, half the green onions, and garlic to the wok then stir fry until chicken is barely cooked through.
4. Push mixture to the sides of the wok to create an opening in the center then add the whisked eggs, scramble, and then toss all the ingredients together. Drain then add prepared noodles, 1/4 cup minced peanuts, and the Pad Thai sauce then stir fry until noodles are tender, turning the heat down slightly if needed. Serve immediately with reserved green onions, reserved minced peanuts, lime wedges, and chopped cilantro.