Nourish your body and your soul with this warming, creamy soup. A drizzle of olive oil helps your body absorb its nutrients.
prep 5 mins
cook 15 mins
total 20 mins
· 4 carrots, peeled and chopped
· 1 parsnip, peeled and chopped
· 1 yellow onion, roughly chopped
· 4 garlic cloves, crushed
· 2 teaspoons virgin coconut oil
· 3 cups low sodium vegetable broth, warm
· 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
· 1-inch ginger knob, peeled and grated
· Juice from 1/2 of a lemon
· Pinch cayenne pepper
· Fresh parsley, Greek yogurt, black sesame, coconut flakes, to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Add the carrots, parsnip, onion and garlic, then season with turmeric and cayenne, drizzle with coconut oil and toss to coat evenly.
3. Roast for 15 minutes, then remove from the oven and transfer into a blender with the vegetable broth, lemon juice and ginger.
4. Blend the ingredients until smooth and creamy.
5. Pour the soup into serving bowls, garnish with fresh parsley, sesame and coconut flakes, drizzle with Greek yogurt and serve warm.